What is cellulite and have you got it?
- Cellulite is a symptom in which the skin appears to have under fat deposits, creating a dimpled, irregular looks. They are most notable around the buttocks and thighs, and usually happens after puberty.
- Cellulite is the result of muscle atrophy that is just weakened, flabby and mushy muscle tissues that don’t have the power to support the layers above it (epidermis, dermis, and fat) like it was meant to do.
- Cellulite often known as adiposis edematosa, dermopanniculosis deformans, status protrusus cutis, gynoid lipodystrophy, orange peel syndrome and cottage type cheese skin
- Most women have it. A few guys have it too. It doesn’t discriminate between the fit and unfit, the slender as well as the curvaceous.
- Cellulite usually orcurs on thighs, legs, back of thighs, arms, butts, stomach
What cause cellulite & things make it worse?
There are lots of reason that can cause cellulite and make it worse
- Hormonal factors: Hormones probably play an important role in cellulite growth. Many think oestrogen, insulin, noradrenaline, thyroid hormones, and prolactin are part of the cellulite development process.
- Inherited genes: Certain genetics are required for cellulite growth. Genes may predispose an individual to particular characteristics associated with cellulite, such as gender, race, slow metabolism, distribution of fat just beneath skin, and circulatory insufficiency.
- Diet: people who eat a lot of fats, carbs, or salt and too little fibers will probably get larger amounts of cellulite.
- Life-style aspects: Cellulite may be more prevalent in smokers, those who do not exercise, and people who sit or stand in one position for long amounts of time. Poor sleep can cause cellulite or make it worse
- Electrolyte Imbalance may cause cellulite
- Wrong exercises can cause cellulite, for example:
Stiff-legged Dead-Lifts: this common gym exercise is super risky for 2 reasons. The first is you are required to perform this with knees straight/locked (no bend in the knee). This is NOT the way our body works. The second is the massive amount of stress placed on your lower and mid-back. Stay away from this move. FAR AWAY. Continue reading